Ang Buhay Ni Utangera (Life Story of Utangera)


Just like you, I have a lot debts - from different people on different locations (I mean country!). If needed to pay, I would usually get another loan to repay it. We had almost a year-round of trouble paying the electric bills and got two internet and phone installations in a year because we were not able to pay the first one. Until finally, we gave them up.  I have loans and debts for every occasion - during enrolment, Christmas season, when there's a sick member of the family (even my relatives)...name it.


That's how I became a certified "utangera".

I did not become like this over night. After a not-so-wise financial decision after another for a period of time, I just found myself one day crying over a nasty comment of a colleague about debts, hesitant to attend social gatherings because I might stumble one high school or college classmate from whom I owed some monies, changing my privacy settings on Facebook to "Only Me" and worst, one of my best friends in college had "unfriend" me until I left my family behind to find ways in a foreign land to recover financially. Unfortunately, when something was started on a wrong foot, almost always some things will not work perfectly as planned.

It was 2010 since I contemplated this blog - I called it initially as "My Debt March" then I got into a lot  of things including additional debts,  that I wasn't even able to finish my initial post.

Come 2012, another milestone in the family. Kids are growing up and we do not have even a single cent for their college fund. Worst, my debt list in 2010 had doubled and sometimes I just stare blankly if one day one of the creditors would find out where I am, what will happen to my family? To my children? To my plans?

I started looking for an answer, reading and re-reading, recalling what I learned in college and their applications to actual life. I have always felt that that there is a way out. A way out of the debt pit I created myself.

So why "Utangera Dot Com"? 

Because I need to maintain my anonymity until I am debt-free, regained my self worth and ready to reveal my true self. So I created this blog - not only to help myself but also others out there who are going through the same phase as me. During my existence, never I have met someone who want to always be on the look out for someone hunting him and only a crazy person would admit on the web as his true self that she's been hiding from debts. I just want to have my good night sleep back, to post on my FB status without worrying if someone would comment negatively, to attend to social gatherings and to have my best friend back without the fear of being humiliated or asked about my finances.

I just want my peace of mind back - and surely so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment